The year has started, business strategic plans are in place (or they should be!), and we’re all optimistic that 2013 will be more prosperous than last year. As 2012 was a landmark year in marketing as companies started spending more of their marketing budget on digital marketing than traditional print marketing, we have a few key tips for the marketing strategies you should be deploying to increase sales now.
1. Get Better At Segmenting Data. We know this sounds a bit boring. It doesn’t matter if you have a small or large business, you need to understand your customer data and segment this information so you can have the most appealing, relevant messaging to specific groups of customers. One easy example to think about is to segment your customers by the types of products they are most likely to buy. Once you have this data segmented, you can drive marketing messages that specifically appeal to these different groups in a targeted manner. Everything is about a personalized experience. The more you can personalize your marketing, the more likely your past customer will purchase more often from you.
2. Improve Your Facebook Marketing. Over 65% of Americans over the age of 13 have a Facebook account and actively use it. The average American spends nearly 8.5 hours a month on Facebook, more than any other website. You can always improve your Facebook presence. There are limitless possibilities to target specific audiences with apps, unique advertising, sponsored stories, sponsored posts, and much more. Advertising on Facebook is one of the best values on the internet. Take advantage of this platform and drive your word of mouth marketing in 2013.
3. Re-purpose, Re-use, Increase Your Marketing Mileage. Look at all of your digital marketing initiatives and see if you’re getting the most mileage out of what you’re doing as a company. If you have a blog, are you taking individual blog articles and turning these articles into Facebook posts? Tweets? Pins on Pinterest? With a good strategy you can take almost anything you’re doing in the digital marketing arena and use it across a wide variety of platforms, even your email marketing!
4. Re-evaluate your Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Google owns about 75% of the search marketing share in the US. Their job is to make certain that when you do a search on their website that the most relevant website comes up. Because of this, Google updates its search algorithms about 400 times a year! Your SEO is an ongoing event, so don’t neglect it. From updating title tags, description tags, page content updates, backlinks and much more – keep up on your SEO or your rankings will suffer. If you haven’t worked on SEO in a while, this is a good reminder to make a commitment to this.
5. Look for the next big thing! A year ago many business were just learning about Pinterest and Instagram. A year later many business are putting in significant time to market to these audiences. Keep up on the latest trends, read marketing blogs, and talk to your marketing agency so that you can take advantage of new marketing technologies for your business.
If your business would like a complimentary, no-cost marketing and business development analysis for your business, please give Vertz Marketing of Milwaukee a call or click the contact us link above.